Thursday, February 11, 2010

Top 14 Favourite Songs for Valentine's Day




In honour of February 14, Valentine's Day, Meow! presents a list of some of our favourite love-themed songs!

Some are about love, some about falling out of love, some are about heartbreak, all are classics.

1. I'm Sticking With You, Velvet Underground (our wedding song!)
2. A Fine Romance, Ella Fitzgerald/Louis Armstrong (fun!)
3. Don't You Want Me, Human League (great duet, synthpop heaven!)
4. Tainted Love, Soft Cell (it's depressing, but you can dance to it!)
5. Ball and Chain, Etta James (she's the greatest!)
6. That Old Black Magic, Louis Prima and Keely Smith (best song of 1959!)
7. I'm Putting All My Eggs in One Basket, Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers (Irving Berlin classic)
8. Bring Back My Blue-Eyed Boy to Me, Carter Family (sad and haunting)
9. Maps, Yeah Yeah Yeahs (not sure if this is a lovesong but it rocks)
10. Don't Explain, Billy Holiday (Billie wrote it!)
11. I Got It Bad And That Ain't Good, Ella again (Duke Ellington wrote it!)
12. I Walk the Line, Johhny Cash (corny? yes! awesome? also yes!)
13. Everybody Loves My Baby, Boswell Sisters (awesome)
14. Can I Do It For You, Memphis Minnie/Kansas Joe McCoy (married guitar duo fun!)


Bonus: Video

No comments: